A multidisciplinary approach.
There are many organisations that work with young people. But none bring statutory social work and multidisciplinary professionals together in such a highly-targeted way
The programme prevents children and young people from unnecessarily entering care and supports you – the local authority – in sustaining positive change.
It secures far better outcomes for children and families on the edge of care, through a preventative rather than reactive service, directly addressing:
- Emotional resilience skills of each parent and child
- Individual parent/child needs; including substance misuse issues or mental health
- Attachment-based issues
- Specific support on issues the child faces e.g. learning needs or mental health issues
- Disengagement with education
- Dissuasion from risky behaviours through youth participation
Being social work-led, our focus is on changing the way edge of care services are delivered so that children, young people and their families receive the right support, from the right professional, at exactly the right time.
For a thorough overview of our edge of care methodology, listen to our Edge of Care podcast.Listen
The Enfield Edge of Care programme received recognition at the CYPN Awards 2019 by winning The ‘Social Work’ Award, an award for innovative social work practice, recognising the initiative that has made the biggest contribution in transforming life chances and opportunities for vulnerable children and young people.Breaking the cycle at Enfield